Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
espeh
Explorer
Jump to solution

DLP in Harmony Connect

Hello,

I just launched a trial version for Harmony Connect. The product page as well as the documentation mention that there is a DLP feature. The documentation specifically mentions, as a best practice, that in the policy editor, we should enabled the DLP column.

Only problem is, there is no such column available

Documentation:

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 21.21.53@2x.jpg

Actual user interface:

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 21.23.09@2x.jpg

Is this feature just not available in trial mode? Or what am I missing?

Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anstelios
Collaborator

You should be able to scroll down in this pop up menu and select "Content"

Screenshot 2023-03-12 190850.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It may depend on what kind of access you are setting up. Please provide more details concerning your configuration.

0 Kudos
espeh
Explorer

I am not setting up any access yet, I am exploring the product in the context of a trial version. And I noticed that the DLP feature is nowhere to be found. The access policy has no option for it. So I was wondering if that was just a limitation of the free trial.

0 Kudos
anstelios
Collaborator

You should be able to scroll down in this pop up menu and select "Content"

Screenshot 2023-03-12 190850.png

0 Kudos
espeh
Explorer

No, that's not there. See my screenshot above. Can't scroll inside that popup either. 

0 Kudos
CE_SE
Employee Employee
Employee

@anstelios is correct that you would need to right click on the layer icon in the right hand corner to see the drop down list and select "Content" However, I can confirm that between my employee account and my personal trial account the it does lack the drop down list as in your screenshot. My recommendation would if you really want to see this feature engage your SE/AM so they can engage the powers that be to get your tenant setup to test this feature.

For those interested in admin guide and what was discussed. 

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Connect-Admin-Guide/T...

0 Kudos
espeh
Explorer

I found it now. Thank you and @anstelios.

One other question: Is there any way to build your own DLP profiles? If not, is Check Point planning to release some GDPR-related identifiers? Or more identifiers in general? The list is pretty small.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

A general expansion of DLP capability was discussed recently at CPX as part of our road-map if you have specific requirements please discuss those with your local CP SE so relevant RFEs can be raised as needed.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
tomerbehor
Employee
Employee

Hi @espeh, glad you found it!

Regarding your other questions - yes, we are working on implementing enhanced DLP capabilities in Harmony Connect.

The initial phase of this feature will include 700+ data types (similar to what we currently have in the DLP blade), and the ability to create custom data types and reusable groups. Many of the pre-defined data types are relevant to GDPR.

This feature is planned to be in limited EA within the next month. If you're interested, please feel free to contact me at tomerbeh@checkpoint.com, and I can provide you with more information and allow you to experiment with the feature.

Later this year, the infinity portal will offer a unified data type manager, so data types (also custom) will be shared across products (e.g. can be used both in Harmony Connect and Harmony Email & Collab)

Furthermore, we are also planning to add new capabilities such as OCR later this year. So, stay tuned for more updates!

Thanks

Tomer Behor

Product management | Harmony Connect

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events