cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccsjnw
Participant
Jump to solution

Statement on Kaspersky

Please can Checkpoint issue a revised statement regarding Kaspersky in view of the latest US ban?
I'm not in the US, but the UK and other NATO aligned nations are sure to follow.

I've searched the site, and in the past there were statements about the availability of EndPoint Protection without Kaspersky, but it's not clear to me that the all Kaspersky code has been removed from all current Checkpoint products - specifically with regard to the Anti-virus blade in R81.xx.

If there is already a statement and clarity on this matter, please provide the link to the appropriate Checkpoint document as I'm sure others would find this useful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As stated in sk178307, E1 releases of Endpoint contain the Kaspersky Anti-Malware component which is used for static file analysis.
When the E2 version was first launched, there were some minor gaps compared to the E1 version.
These have been resolved in current releases, though review sk178307 for Known Limitations.
E2 is now the default version deployed for Endpoint Management as a Service customers.

As for what will (ultimately) happen with the E1 version, I do not have details.
Specific concerns on this topic should probably be directed to your local Check Point office.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Yes there is a DHS friendly Endpoint variant (E2) - see: sk178307 

Regarding Gateways, quoting sk118539: Kaspersky Lab components were removed from all versions delivered since 2018. 

If you need a formal statement beyond this please reach out to your local office / account team.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

This is the SK for the E2 version: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk178307

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
ccsjnw
Participant

Chris,

I'm assuming DHS in this context is "Department of Homeland Security" (US).

OK - So Checkpoint's statement is that all Kaspersky code has been unequivocally removed from R81.xx Gateway products and Blades, but there is still Kaspersky Code in some current E1 versions of your EndPoint Protection products - is that correct?

Going forward will you completely retire the E1 version and only offer the E2 version?
If a customer doesn't use the E1 version, are they missing out on some functionality or is the same / equivalent functionality also present in the E2 product which doesn't have the Kaspersky code?

Sorry to split hairs, but Checkpoint's reply is rather ambiguous and open to some misinterpretation, which is why there is a need for clarification.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are right, thats what DHS is.

By the way, here is my honest suggestion...If I were you, I would reach out to your local SE for an official statement, Thats what we did when one of our customers asked about it.

Best,

Andy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As stated in sk178307, E1 releases of Endpoint contain the Kaspersky Anti-Malware component which is used for static file analysis.
When the E2 version was first launched, there were some minor gaps compared to the E1 version.
These have been resolved in current releases, though review sk178307 for Known Limitations.
E2 is now the default version deployed for Endpoint Management as a Service customers.

As for what will (ultimately) happen with the E1 version, I do not have details.
Specific concerns on this topic should probably be directed to your local Check Point office.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

well said 🙂

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

If you're referring to Endpoint, you can check sk178307 for DHS and EU item 108 compliance.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.