cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyDan
Contributor
Jump to solution

Solved: Missing disk space in Cloudguard Management

Deployed a Cloudguard management appliance in Azure and in the section when it asks for additional disk space, I added 2000 GB so that the disk should be 2100 GB (wanted disk space for logging). However, when I do a df -h on the box, that disk space is not assigned to any partition as shown in the screenshot below. How do I assign that disk space to the management server log partition?

Capture.PNG

Solution:

1. Boot the management server into maintenance mode. Follow sk170732.
  2. From expert mode, run lvm_manager and follow the menu options to resize the log partition. System will reboot.
  3. Revert the management server to normal mode. Refer to sk170732 again.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You should be able to complete the process from the lvm_manager menu.

With that said you should take a backup/snapshot of the system prior.

Additionally since this is a Mgmt server you probably want to execute the resizing process from maintenance mode (sk170732).

The process will involve a few reboots so you'll want to plan a maintenance window of sorts.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Do you see the free/unallocated space in lvm_manager?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
RickyDan
Contributor

Yes! I see it. What do I do next? I am looking thru sk94671 but I am not sure where to start.

Capture1.PNG

I believe I have to start at Step 9 in sk94671 but the unallocated space does not have a device name as shown in the fdisk -l output and all the commands need a device name.

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You should be able to complete the process from the lvm_manager menu.

With that said you should take a backup/snapshot of the system prior.

Additionally since this is a Mgmt server you probably want to execute the resizing process from maintenance mode (sk170732).

The process will involve a few reboots so you'll want to plan a maintenance window of sorts.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
RickyDan
Contributor

Thank you. This worked and was very simple.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @Chris_Atkinson . Use lvm manager to extend the partition, thats the way to go.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.