Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murat_TURAN
Contributor
Jump to solution

Secure Remote IP is constantly changing.

The IP address that I defined as 88.***.***.***.** when I defined it for the first time and made a VPN connection, changes to 10.10.1.254 when I disconnect and reconnect. This is the internal IP address of my firewall. Where could this be coming from? It started happening a short while ago.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @Murat_TURAN 

What did you choose unde VPN Link selection?

BR

A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @Murat_TURAN 

Plese check this article, before you start deeper debug:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Unable-to-connect-Remote-Access-VPN-after-disc...

Long story short: After connect, de MAIN IP has been overwritten to that IP which is selected under "link selection"

Br

Akos

(1)
Murat_TURAN
Contributor

I've recently added a new ISP, ISP redundancy, and I think there's been some confusion. I didn't think it would have this effect, because this system has been running for years. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @Murat_TURAN 

What did you choose unde VPN Link selection?

BR

A

0 Kudos
Murat_TURAN
Contributor

I choose my primary public IP address. 30-40 users are already using this IP address.

0 Kudos
rrbranco
Contributor
Contributor

I would pay attention to the IPSEC site to site VPN configurations that could be on screens and menus possibly slightly different to the Remote Access VPN configuration.

0 Kudos
Murat_TURAN
Contributor

We haven't side to side VPN. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
rrbranco
Contributor
Contributor

Take a look at this

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk75221

Remote Access TTM Configuration

Pay attention to the whole article and read carefully the connectivity section like:  automatic_mep_topology   , ips_of_gws_in_mep   , enable_gw_resolving  , enable_secondary_connect    (among others) for instance 

Best regards, 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.