Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

License isn't central

Hi All,

We have installed a SmartCenter and a CloudGuard gateway within VMWare and want to license the products.

The license on the SmartCenter was added successfully and now we need to license the gateway.
We have followed the procedure from "CLOUDGUARD NETWORK CENTRAL LICENSE TOOL R80.20 AND HIGHER" and generated a central license for the following product and used the IP-address of the SmartCenter:

CPSG-VSEC-VEN-BUN-NGTP-LICENSE-1Y
1 CloudGuard Network virtual core for VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM Gateway

We have three seats.

But when adding the license with "vsec_lic_cli" we get the following error:

"Added license failed with output: License isn't central"

I have checked this once more, and the license IS central.

Did I miss something?

We are on R81.10

Regards,
Martijn
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Mirkin
Employee
Employee

Hi Martijn,

Central license starts with the letter 'd'.

When adding the license via "vsec_lic_cli add" command use the convention as the license string below.

CloudGuard Central License string example:

<ip address> <expiration date> dAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA CPSG-VE+37 CPSB-BASE CPSB-FW CPSM-C-2 CPSB-VPN CPSB-NPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-SSLVPN-200 CPSB-IPS-S1 CPSB-URLF CPSB-APCL-S1 CPSB-AV CPSB-ABOT-S CPSB-ASPM CPSB-CTNT CK-AAAAAAAAAAAA

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniel_Mirkin
Employee
Employee

Hi Martijn,

Central license starts with the letter 'd'.

When adding the license via "vsec_lic_cli add" command use the convention as the license string below.

CloudGuard Central License string example:

<ip address> <expiration date> dAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAA CPSG-VE+37 CPSB-BASE CPSB-FW CPSM-C-2 CPSB-VPN CPSB-NPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-SSLVPN-200 CPSB-IPS-S1 CPSB-URLF CPSB-APCL-S1 CPSB-AV CPSB-ABOT-S CPSB-ASPM CPSB-CTNT CK-AAAAAAAAAAAA

Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks Daniel,

That is the solution. Do not use the license string from the license file, but copy the information directly from the User Center.

Regards,
Martijn

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would contact Account services and have them fix this. I have no shame in saying this, if I lived 1000 years, I would NEVER understand CP licensing...I really mean that : - )

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.