cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gongya_Yu
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Cloudguard LoadBalancer question

Almost all the videos from Youtube discuss the cloudguard deployment with load balancers.  Deep-dive Workshop: CloudGuard Network Security on Azure (Canada) explains why load balancers is used.

From Marketplace, I came  across a few different versions recently

1. there is an option to enable LB  (unfortunately I did not screenshot it) 

2. option for LB floating IP only
before.PNG

3. no option at all  LB.

current-0612.PNG

All the templates will deploy a LB by default automatically ?

Option 3  (this is the latest version I saw) deploys a LB ?

Cluster failover via API or LB are selective ?

thanks !!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeonardHavekost
Employee Employee
Employee

The route should always point to the LB IP. Can be found as well in the Deployment guide:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/IaaS/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_CloudGuard_Network_for_Azure_HA_Clust...

And yes the LB is always deployed as @Shay_Levin already stated. If not needed, you can also delete the Ingress LB. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Shay_Levin
Admin
Admin

Hi, 

The High Availability  template deploy External and Internal NLB.

If you are not using Ingress , you can safely delete the external load balancer post deployment.

For the VMSS , you have the option to select in the template, if you want to deploy  External or Internal or Both.

0 Kudos
Gongya_Yu
Collaborator

I watched your multiple videos. thanks !!
The deployment forms above related to LB are different, any reasons ?
Ingress you referred to is Northbound ? ( we do not use it)
Southbound has to use LB ? if yes. Can we still fail over via API instead of LB ?

thanks !!!

0 Kudos
LeonardHavekost
Employee Employee
Employee

Cluster Failover always depends on which features / traffic flows you are using. Some are relying on API calls (e.g. for movement of Public IP addresses) and some on LB Healthprobes or both. But those are not selective.  

0 Kudos
Gongya_Yu
Collaborator

We only use southbound, the deployment template always deploys LB, right ? if yes, the UDR should point to LB, not the active node, or can we selectively point to either active node or LB ?

thanks !!

0 Kudos
LeonardHavekost
Employee Employee
Employee

The route should always point to the LB IP. Can be found as well in the Deployment guide:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/IaaS/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_CloudGuard_Network_for_Azure_HA_Clust...

And yes the LB is always deployed as @Shay_Levin already stated. If not needed, you can also delete the Ingress LB. 

Gongya_Yu
Collaborator

thanks for clarification !!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.