cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Paterson
Advisor

CloudGuard Upgrades support

Hello Check Mates and Cloud Mates,

Anyone got the latest on upgrading SMS and/or SGs and Clusters in public cloud?

I know is has been technically blocked to do major version upgrades but I understand that was something that might change in Q4 2021.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Update:
This SK is very good for reference for public cloud upgrades (bigger VMs, bigger disks and version upgrades).

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

It is implied that technical upgrades of major versions are still not supported in public cloud.

Another interesting point. Not a new topic but still interesting:
If an R81 SMS gets JHFA TAKE 42 then in theory it can manage an R81.10 SG

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk177714: CloudGuard for Public Cloud In-Place upgrade packages

I believe similar is also imminent for Azure as it is for AWS.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated. 🙂

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green1
Employee
Employee

Hey Don,

For AWS gateways this is available now using CPUSE (https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...) as an in-place upgrade. Azure gateways are due any time now but this has been pushed back a few times so don't hold me to that 😉

Management is coming around H2 I believe (but side-by-side upgrades for management tend to be easier so probably not as urgent).

Stu

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Superb.
Thanks Stu

I could ask the SK team to add R81.10 to the top of that SK (Version field) and also link this SK -> sk155632 but I have Feedback spammed them enough this week (and proved humanity) so I can only suggest it in here 🙂

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

See: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 
TL;DR: You have to use specific images to perform the upgrades. 

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

And I see that they are Blink images. 🙂

aws_blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R80.40_T294_JHF_T139_SecurityGateway.tgz

aws_blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81_T392_JHF_T44_SecurityGateway.tgz

aws_blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81.10_T335_JHF_T30_SecurityGateway.tgz

Thanks Dameon.

Don

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green1
Employee
Employee

oh sorry @Chris_Atkinson - I missed your reply basically saying the same thing. Must have left the tab open too long before managing to type a post 🙂

Hezi_Bahry
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Right now, in-place upgrade (IPU) of security GWs on static constructs (non-scale sets) is supported on AWS (released 2 months ago) and Azure (release is planned for this week). The IPU process is enabled for any SRC to any DST starting at R80.30 and above on released versions (versions under EA are not supported).
Management in place upgrade is not supported yet, it is on the roadmap for end of Q3.

Please visit this resource for further exploration - IPU

Hezi

PS - feel free to contact me at hezib@checkpoint.com

John_Richards
Contributor

Is there any ability to do in-place upgrade of single GW's in Azure currently? The above doc is only for AWS.

0 Kudos
Hezi_Bahry
Employee
Employee

The in place upgrade was supposed to be released this week, unfortunately, delayed to next week. If you need this urgently, where the target version is R80.40, please mail me privately. If you can wait another week, the new timeline for the release is June 28.

Hezi

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

So the GW is R80.40 and want to go to R81.10 but told not possible to in place upgrade. I can wait till after the 28th.

0 Kudos
avivs
Employee
Employee

Just in - In-place upgrade for Azure is now released.

Upgrade packages, supported upgrade flows, versions and configurations are available in sk177714 - CloudGuard for Public Cloud In-Place upgrade packages

We will be more than happy to receive feedback or requests.

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Thanks for this. Will provide feedback as we upgrade move to upgrade customers. This will certainly make things easier.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.