cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pranay
Explorer

Checkpoint gateway

Hi,

How to allow outside traffic through firewall. There are two zones defined zone 10 is the one which is behind the firewall & Zone 0 is outside the firewall. How can i all Zone 0 traffic to the firewall. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You have to create a rule to allow said traffic as no traffic is allowed by default.
Highly recommend checking out our Check Point for Beginners series: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/The-CheckMates-Blog/Welcome-to-Check-Point-for-Beginners/ba-p/31...
0 Kudos
Pranay
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for teh reply. So, to detail the scenario i have created a Vnet in which there are 4 subnet - 2 subnet are behind the firewall (which is called Zone 10) and 2 Subnet is outside the firewall (which is called Zone 0). I wanted to enable ping so i created a rule in the firewall to allow the icmp protocol after creating the rule the machine which are behind the firewall(Zone10) are now able to ping the machines which are outside the firewall(Zone 0) but the machines which are in Zone 0 are not able to ping the Zone 10 machines. How to fix this ?

Also, in the Gaia portal why do we need to define IPv4 Static routes under Network Management ? After allowing the ICMP on my CP gateway i have to add the subnet in the IPv4 static route to allow the ping.

Please Advice.

Thanks,

Pranay.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.