cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

Welcome to Check Point for Beginners!

Understanding technology is a challenge. 

Complex concepts, rapid changes, new paradigms, overwhelming details, tools to master, time pressure - all those things might be tough to cope with.

As a member of CheckMates, you deserve the best. That's why we have created a new Space on CheckMates - Check Point for Beginners. It is members' exclusive space where we will be posting learning materials: videos, articles, lab manuals,  even history overviews - to help you out and to make understanding and mastering Check Point easier, less stressful and more productive. 

Subscribe and learn at your pace. 

Our Publications

Check Point for Beginners (CP4B) Lecture Series - Network Security

Part 1 - Architecture

Part 2 - Preparing the Lab         

Part 3 - Installing Security Management Server 

Part 4 - Installing Security Gateway

Part 5 - Gaia WebUI and CLI

Part 6 - Working with SmartConsole  

Part 7 - Managing Security Policies

Part 8 - Network Address Translation 

Part 9 - Application Control, URL Filtering and Content Awareness

...;
TO READ THE FULL POST it's simple and free
9 Comments
Employee+
Employee+

Great Info Val! Here's a resource I like to send to new customers that helps navigate all the different resources we offer. 

https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-3362 

Moderator notes: the comment is converted into a separate post, follow the link above

Wow, this is awesome!!!

Thanks so much for these, I really appreciate.. But I want to ask.. After going through all these, do you think I'm ready to attempt the admin exam? 

I am afraid not, @VICTOR_OGHIFOBI 
You will need to work through the admin manuals and to gather enough hands-on experience. We are not trying to replace the working education framework Check Point has already. We are helping newcomers to jump-start their careers even before they have enough time and resources to invest into the official certification path.

akzhol
Ivory

Great job Valeri! 

Suggest share beginner of API, IA with multi-domain and muti-fator authentiation with VPN cases for reader. 

apoorv1991
Ivory

Hi,

I am a checkpoint partner, i would like to attempt for CCSA R80.20. Can anyone help me with the study guide which is freely available to download for partners?

Thanks.

Timothy_Hall
Pearl

There is no study guide for the CCSA R80 exam, but there is a practice exam available through Pearson/VUE for $50 USD.  This practice exam draws 40 questions from the actual exam pool:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Training-and-Certification/R80-Practice-Exams-Available-Now/td-p...

Hello all, actually exists and is available at the "Check Point Certified Admin (CCSA) R80.x" training link, section "exam details / Get Ready" document named "Read the R80 system administrator study guide"