cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shay_Levin
Admin
Admin

CME API

The Cloud Management Extension is a utility that runs on Check Point's Security Management Server and Multi-Domain Servers running Gaia OS.

It is used to automatically create & configure gateways that are autoscale on AWS/Azure/GCP on the Check Point management side.

Till now, configuring the CME service was available through accessing the Check Point management over ssh and run the autoprov_cfg commands, starting from R81.10 with the latest CME it is available for remote and automated configuration through an API.

Check the video to get the full details on how to use the CME API.

Resources:

Latest CME and updates are available here

CME Admin guide is here

CME API Swaggerhub here

(1)
7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Nice!

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Another great video. Thanks Shay.

Do you have any videos (links to videos) demonstrating the autoscaling?

From a learning and training perspective it would be great to see something that shows the triggering and then the automatic  deployment of more SG resource into the cloud, with technical visuals.

Thanks,

Don

Shay_Levin
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the feedback, it's a good idea,

I will create a demonstration video for triggering scale-out & deployment soon.

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Awesome. Thanks 😀

Alex_Schmitt
Participant

Hey, nice thank you. I want to manage my GCP Autoscale from smart-1-cloud with the API since there is no GUI possiblity 😕. How can I add a custom script to a template via the API?

With the CLI I would do like that: autoprov_cfg set template -tn tn-cli-1 -cg custom.script

The parameter "-cg" is not taken by the API.

"details""Unrecognized parameters were received. Parameters names: {'-cg'}",

Thanks

0 Kudos
natanelm
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alex_Schmitt,

We appreciate your interest in using the CME API for your custom script.
Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the current version of the CME API.

However, we are working hard to develop and release a new version of the CME API that will enable you to run your custom script on the Gateways.

To stay updated on the release date, please follow the sk157492.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Natanel

0 Kudos
Alex_Schmitt
Participant

Hi @natanelm, I guess we are already in contact 😉 I am looking forward to testing v1.1 of the API, also adding account credentials.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.