cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

gaia ansible

Hi,
looking at the galaxy gaia modules at https://galaxy.ansible.com/check_point/gaia

It seems that there are only  a few modules available and they are not fully developed, so for example the cp_gaia_physical_interface doesn't allow to create vlan in an interface

p_gaia_hostname – Manage the hostname of a Check Point machine over Web Services API.
cp_gaia_hostname_facts – Get the hostname of a Check Point machine over Web Services API.
cp_gaia_physical_interface – Manage physical interface of a Check Point machine over Web Services API.
cp_gaia_physical_interfaces_facts – Get information about physical interfaces of a Check Point machine over Web Services API.
cp_gaia_put_file – Add a new file to a Check Point machine over Web Services API.

Lookin at the gaia api at https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/GaiaAPIs/index.html#introduction~v1.6%20 it looks like is not fully developed either.

Is there any plan to provide more capable ansible/api modules?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

At the moment, don't forget the data/mgmt plane. 

At the moment the gaia api shows the interfaces in the management plane and the routes of the data plane.
I would need to have access to the interfaces in the data plane

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We will add more things to both the Gaia API and the Ansible module.

0 Kudos
(1)
Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

What is the current status of this? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Maybe @Or_Soffer can comment.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Earlier on I heard fall of this year. So that could be tomorrow (unlikely) or close enough to the end of fall to wrap it up and put it under the christmas tree.

But I would love to have it available now. Do you accept stroopwafels as bribe 😉

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events