Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javiermi
Explorer

ShowPolicyPackage how to get IP addresses , not UIDs

I have found this tool on github and is brilliant!

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/ShowPolicyPackage

However, for some reason, I only can see the objects with their UIDs, which is not particularly useful

I'm possibly missing something, but is there an easy way of getting the information with the Name and IP addresses ?

Also, I can see the object list seems to be in json format, would it be possible to get the objects in CSV format?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Have you seen sk168615?

0 Kudos
javiermi
Explorer

Thanks

I have exported the policy, but it only gives the names of the objects

For example it lells me there is a rule from group "group1" to "group2" for sevices "servivegroup1", but it does not gie any insight an what those group have inside.  Running the showpolicypackage script I get all of that, but the group, all contain objects with their UIDs, no names, no IPs

Hope I'm making sense!

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

My understanding was, all objects are showing in json file with UIDs only. If you are referring specifically to the groups, use "--dereference-group-members true" flag.

Also the tool should actually create not just json file, but also HTML files, where all objects are listed with details. 

You can also refer to this discussion: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion/Show-Package-Tool-to-visualize-a-R80-policy-p...

0 Kudos
javiermi
Explorer

Thanks for your reply

I will try the deference option, but is a pity is not clearly explained what that means on the README

In my case the current installed version does not support that, so I will need to upgrade to the last version

I will let you know

Thanks

0 Kudos
javiermi
Explorer

I think that did the trick: now I can see the group members by name and IP address

Regarding the group lists you are right they are on the HTML files, but to create a list with group names and contents can be a bit tricky

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Just one note. using deference actually loads your management API quite hard. Keep an eye on that.

0 Kudos
javiermi
Explorer

Thanks for the tip

I didn't know that, but I noticed  that Managent Server was a bit busier than normally

The good thing is this was a small policy so it didn't take too long

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events