R80.20, part of the Check Point Infinity architecture, delivers the most innovative and effective security that keeps our customers protected against large scale, fifth generation cyber threats.
The release contains innovations and significant improvements in:
- Gateway performance
- Advanced Threat Prevention
- Cloud Security
- Access policy
- Consolidated network and endpoint management capabilities
- And much more
This release is initially recommended for customers who are interested in implementing the new features. We will make it the default version (widely recommended) after significant adoption and make it available in the 'Showing Recommended Packages' section in the CPUSE tab in Gaia portal.
Performance Enhancements More
- HTTPS Inspection performance improvements
- Session rate improvements on high-end appliances (13000, 15000, 21000 & 23000 Security Gateway models).
- Acceleration remains active during policy installation, no impact on Security Gateway performance.
- Significant boost to Virtual Systems performance, utilizing up to 32 CoreXL FW instances for each Virtual System.
- Dynamic Dispatcher - Packets are processed by different FW worker (FWK) instances based on the current instance load.
- Changes in the number of FW worker instances (FWK) in a VSLS setup do not require downtime.
- SecureXL Penalty Box supports the contexts of each Virtual System, see sk74520.
Significant Improvements & New Features More
Advanced Threat Prevention
- Enhanced configuration and monitor abilities for Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) in SmartConsole for handling malicious mails.
- Configuration of ICAP Server with Threat Emulation and Anti-Virus Deep Scan in SmartConsole.
- Automatic download of IPS updates by the Security Gateway.
- SmartConsole support for multiple Threat Emulation Private Cloud Appliances.
- SmartConsole support for blocking archives containing prohibited file types.
- Threat Extraction
- Full ClusterXL HA synchronization, access to the original files is available after a failover.
- Support for external storage.
- Advanced Threat Prevention Indicators (IoC) API
- Management API support for Advanced Threat Prevention Indicators (IoC).
- Add, delete, and view indicators through the management API.
- Advanced Threat Prevention Layers
- Support layer sharing within Advanced Threat Prevention policy.
- Support setting different administrator permissions per Advanced Threat Prevention layer.
- MTA (Mail Transfer Agent)
- MTA monitoring, e-mails history views and statistics, current e-mails queue status and actions performed on e-mails in queue.
- MTA configuration enhancements
- Setting a domain object as next hop.
- Ability to create an access rule to allow SMTP traffic to a Security Gateway.
- Create a dedicated Advanced Threat Prevention rule for MTA.
- MTA enforcement enhancements
- Replacing malicious links in an email with a configurable template.
- Configurable format for textual attachments replacement.
- Ability to add a customized text to malicious e-mails' body or subject.
- Tagging malicious-mails using X-header
- Sending a copy of the malicious e-mail to a predefined recipients list
- Improvements in policy installation performance on R80.10 and above Security Gateways with IPS
- Performance impact of "Suspicious Mail Activity" protection in Anti-Bot was changed to "High" and is now off by default
CloudGuard IaaS Enhancements
- Automated Security Transit VPC in Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Automatically deploy and maintain secured scalable architecture in Amazon Web Services.
- Integration with Google Cloud Platform.
- Integration with Cisco ISE.
- Integration with Nuage Networks.
- Automatic license management with the CloudGuard IaaS Central Licensing utility.
- Monitoring capabilities integrated into SmartView.
- Data center objects can now be used in access policy rules installed on 41000, 44000, 61000 and 64000 Scalable Platforms.
- Updatable Objects – a new type of network objects that represent an external service such as Office 365, Amazon Web Services, Azure GEO locations and more, and can be used in the Source and Destination columns of an Access Control policy. These objects are dynamically updated and kept up-to-date by the Security Gateway without the need to install a policy.
- Wildcard network object in Access Control that represents a series of IP addresses that are not sequential.
- Only for Multi-Domain Server: Support for scheduled policy installation with cross-Domain installation targets (Security Gateways or Policy Packages).
- Rule Base performance improvements, for enhanced Rule Base navigation and scrolling.
- Global VPN Communities (previously supported in R77.30).
- Support for using NAT64 and NAT46 objects in Access Control policy.
- Security Management Server can securely connect to Active Directory through a Security Gateway, if the Security Management Server has no connectivity to the Active Directory environment and the Security Gateway does.
- Identity Tags support the use of tags defined by an external source to enforce users, groups or machines in Access Roles matching.
- Improved SSO Transparent Kerberos Authentication for Identity Agent, LDAP groups are extracted from the Kerberos ticket.
- Two Factor Authentication for Browser-Based Authentication (support for RADIUS challenge/response in Captive Portal and RSA SecurID next Token/Next PIN mode).
- Identity Collector
- Support for Syslog Messages - ability to extract identities from syslog notifications.
- Support for NetIQ eDirectory LDAP Servers.
- Additional filter options - "Filter per Security Gateway" and "Filter by domain".
- Improvements and stability fixes related to Identity Collector and Web API.
- New configuration container for Terminal Servers Identity Agents.
- Active Directory cross-forest trust support for Terminal Servers Agent.
- Identity Agent automatic reconnection to prioritized PDP gateways.
- Security Management Server can securely connect to Active Directory via a Security Gateway if the Security Management Server has no connectivity to the Active Directory environment
- Hardware Security Module (HSM) support – outbound HTTPS Inspection stores the SSL keys and certificates on a third party dedicated appliance
- Additional ciphers supports for HTTPS Inspection (for more information, see sk104562)
Mirror and Decrypt
- Decryption and clone of HTTP and HTTPS traffic
- Forwarding traffic to a designated interface for mirroring purposes
- New CCP Unicast - a new mode in which a cluster member sends the CCP packets to the unicast address of a peer member
- New Automatic CCP mode - CCP mode is adaptive to network changes, Unicast, Multicast or Broadcast modes are automatically applied according to network state
- Enhanced cluster monitoring capabilities
- Enhanced cluster statistics and debugging capabilities
- Enhanced Active/Backup Bond
- Support for more topologies for Synchronization Network over Bond interfaces
- Improved cluster synchronization and policy installation mechanism
- New grace mechanism for cluster failover for improved stability
- New cluster commands in Gaia Clish
- Improved clustering infrastructure for RouteD (Dynamic Routing) communication
Gaia OSUpgraded Linux kernel (3.10) - applies to Security Management Server only
- New file system (xfs)
- More than 2TB support per a single storage device
- Enlarged systems storage (up to 48TB)
- I/O related performance improvements
- Support of new system tools for debugging, monitoring and configuring the system
iotop(provides I/O runtime statistics)
lsusb(provides information about all devices connected to USB)
lshw(provides detailed information about all hardware)
lsscsi(provides information about storage)
ps(new version, more counters)
top(new version, more counters)
iostat(new version, more counters)
- Allow AS-in-count
- IPv6 MD5 for BGP
- IPv4 and IPv6 OSPF multiple instances
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for gateways and VSX, including IP Reachability detection and BFD Multihop
- OSPFv2 HMAC-SHA authentication (replaces OSPFv2 MD5 authentication)
- Integrated ICAP Client functionality
Security Management Enhancements More
- SmartConsole Accessibility features
- Keyboard navigation - ability to use the keyboard alone to navigate between the different SmartConsole fields
- Improved experience for the visually impaired, color invert for all SmartConsole windows
- Required fields are highlighted
- Multiple simultaneous sessions in SmartConsole. One administrator can publish or discard several SmartConsole private sessions, independently of the other sessions.
Logging and Monitoring
- Log Exporter - an easy and secure method to export Check Point logs over Syslog to any SIEM vendor using standard protocols and formats
- Ability to export logs directly from a Security Gateway (previously supported in R77.30)
- Unified logs for Security Gateway, SandBlast Agent and SandBlast Mobile for simplified log investigation
- Enhanced SmartView in browser:
- Log viewer with log card, column profile and statistics
- Export logs with custom or all fields
- Automatic-refresh for views
- Relative time frame support
- Improved log viewer with cards, profiles, statistics and filters
- I18N support for 6 languages (English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
- Accessibility support - keyboard navigation and high contrast theme
- Integration with SmartProvisioning (previously supported in R77.30)
- Support for the 1400 series appliances
- Administrators can now use SmartProvisioning in parallel with SmartConsole
- Support for reCaptcha, keep abusive automated software activities from interfering with regular portal operations
- Support for One Time Password (OTP) without any hardware tokens
Endpoint Security Management Server
Endpoint Security Server is now part of the main train.
- Support for SandBlast Agent, Anti-Exploit and Behavioral Guard policies
- SandBlast Agent push operation to move/restore files from quarantine
- Directory Scanner initial scan and full rescan takes significantly less time
- Stability and performance enhancements for Automatic Synchronization (High Availability)
Endpoint Security Management features that are included in R77.30.03:
- Management of new Software Blades:
- SandBlast Agent Anti-Bot
- SandBlast Agent Threat Emulation and Anti-Exploit
- SandBlast Agent Forensics and Anti-Ransomware
- Capsule Docs
- New features in existing Software Blades:
- Full Disk Encryption
- Offline Mode
- Self Help Portal
- XTS-AES Encryption
- New options for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- New options for managing Pre-Boot Users
- Media Encryption & Port Protection
- New options to configure encrypted container
- Optical Media Scan
- Web Protection
- Advanced Disinfection
- User can create custom best practices based on scripts
- Support for 35 regulations including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Download and release information here: Check Point R80.20