Aleksei Shelepov

Campfire Stories

Discussion created by Aleksei Shelepov on Mar 15, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2018 by Dameon Welch-Abernathy

Hello CheckMates,

At this pleasant almost-weekend day I would like to invite you all to this cozy thread.

All engineers working with devices connected to networks have some cool stories of their heroic saves (or fails) from the past. And then engineers like to tell these stories to their colleagues, who also like to listen good ones.

Why not share your stories connected with Check Point products with the whole community?

The "root cause" for the current thread is Appliance model from CLI and dmidecode with full model list.

Comment by Dameon Welch Abernathy:

Makes me want to start a new thread: Show me your oldest Check Point "fw ver" and uptime from said box

Comment by Kaspars Zibarts:

hahaha IP530... ! do you have IP440 too by any chance? we had on one of those 1800+ days uptime.. indestructible shame I can't find that screenshot anymore

Start a thread "story from back in the day.." I'm sure many will have some fun thing to say

Let's share some funny, strange, inspirational, scare, and maybe even philosophical moments from the old days. Share screenshots or outputs from old devices that still warm up air around them to this day. Your favorite software versions, when you thought that this feels like the future. The most bizzare and monstrous setups that you saw or created yourself (who said GOST cypher?). Something that you were struck by (IPCALC on CLI).

Anything that would squeeze a nostalgic tear out of old-school guys and may enlighten the younger generation.

Outcomes