We are deploying some CP firewalls, 1 Multi domain management server and 1 multi domain Log server. I am a bit confused when getting licenses for the devices.
Multi Domain server: 10.1.1.1
Multi Domain Log server: 10.1.1.2
In Multi domain server, we created 2 domains:
- Domain1, with server = 10.1.1.11, log =10.1.1.12. gateway 1 will be in this domain.
- Domain 2, server = 10.1.1.21, log = 10.1.1.22, gateway 2 will be in this domain
In User center, we have 4 devices: CPSM-NGSM50-MD5 (multi domain server), CPSM-NGSM50-MLOG10 (multi domain log), and 2 gateways.
When registering licenses, which IP addresses should I use?
- for multi domain server: 10.1.1.1?
- for multi domain log server: should I use 10.1.1.1 or 10.1.1.2
- for gateway 1: should I use 10.1.1.1 (multi domain server) or 10.1.1.11 (Domain 1 server)
- for gateway 2: should I use 10.1.1.1 (multi domain server) or 10.1.1.21 (Domain 1 server)
do I have to do anything for Domain 1 server + log server, and Domain 2 server + log server?
I am trying to search in Checkpoint documents but have not found what I need and still confused. Please help to guide me or show me the documents I should look at.