Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Cimpeanu
Collaborator
Jump to solution

MDS on VMware - R81.20 install failed from blink image

Hi Gents,

I'm trying to upgrade an MDS that's been running R81.10 quite fine on VMware,  and I went through the fresh install option; the R81.20 blink image I've loaded through CPUSE is however giving me some install errors:

Executed command failed. Changes are discarded.

Wed May 8 17:41:38 2024 *N* [Main]: Reverting stage - Multi-Domain Server Configuration
Wed May 8 17:41:38 2024 *N* [Main]: Stage cleanup Mount MGMT runtime folders
Wed May 8 17:41:38 2024 *N* [Main]: Reverting stage - Create Snapshot
Wed May 8 17:41:38 2024 *N* [Main]: Reverting stage - Create Partition
Wed May 8 17:41:59 2024 *E* [Main]:
An error has occurred in stage [Create Partition]:

Error code 63 - Could not create new partition on machine.

Details:
--------
Failed to umount main directory: /mnt/fcd

Wed May 8 17:41:59 2024 *N* [Main]: Total Blink engine execution time: 0 hours 5 minutes 26 seconds
Wed May 8 17:41:59 2024 *E* [Main]: Installation failed with exception [Additional info: Exception while reverting: Could not create new partition on machine. Details: Failed to umount main directory: /mnt/fcd]

Do you guys have any advice on proceeding further, before I load an ISO and boot into it with a fresh install afterwards? I was hoping that a blink image would spare me the JHF install and subsequent reboot, but I ended up with considerably more downtime on the MDS instead 😕 

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Strongly consider going the fresh install route here since the R81.20 installer now correctly aligns disk partitions to a 1mb boundary.
This should improve performance substantially, particularly on VMs.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/Gaia-partition-misalignment/m-p/160677#M32878 

View solution in original post

Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Have you tried non-blink package?

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Strongly consider going the fresh install route here since the R81.20 installer now correctly aligns disk partitions to a 1mb boundary.
This should improve performance substantially, particularly on VMs.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/Gaia-partition-misalignment/m-p/160677#M32878 

Daniel_Cimpeanu
Collaborator

I went with a fresh install indeed, all is working fine now. I was surprised that the blink install failed though, I wasn't aware of the discussion you're referencing - thanks for the link, I'm learning something every day 🙂

Daniel

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Glad it's working, this approach would also be necessary in case sk180769 was an issue.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Have you tried non-blink package?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
Daniel_Cimpeanu
Collaborator

Hi Amir,

Yes I did, and it went all smoothly. Thanks! 

/Daniel

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events