cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcyn
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi guys,

So it looks like that after my "complains" TAC figured out that it is case for them and gues what ? .... I already have the answer.

It works as expected - by design.
And in my opinion after you will see TAC's answer it is really great that it works like that ... and not as I expected in the first place.

Here is the answer (and solution):
"By design it should not be removed. It should stay in security group, and if other Security Group will exceed its threshold, it will automatically move free scale unit (floating appliance) to another security group."

And if we will think about it ...
Let's assume that after 30sec threshold for scale-up was fulfilled and Maestro added scale unit to Security Group, and then after next 10sec load dropped below threshold for scale-down...
So it is good designed in my opinion that this scale unit remains in Security Group until needed by another Security Group.

This has only one "flaw" - there will be more time reguired for this Security Group to receive this scale unit (first it should be removed from previous SG, then added to the new one) - but anyway I think that it's still better then "flip-flop" 🙂

So ... case closed - now you and me, we all know how it works.

--
Best
m.

View solution in original post

(1)
Who rated this post