Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

next available CCSE training for R80.10 taught in English ?

The website does not let me register on these courses. Is anyone aware why? Are the classes for CCSE R80.10  on?

anything for late SEPT or OCT? 

Also will I be able to be trained the R80.10 CCSE and do the examination for R77.30?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

I've successfully run two CCSE R80.10 classes at my ATC in English, one of them classroom-led and the other one online so the CCSE R80.10 class definitely exists and is actively offered.  At least in the United States timezones the class is available from several ATCs, what timezone are you in? 

The lab system hardware requirements to run this class increased substantially, so that may explain some of the availability delays.  As far as exam certification requirements, emailing certification@checkpoint.com is always the best way to determine the right path forward to obtain R80+ certifications based on the certs you already hold and when they were achieved.  You may also want to check out the certification FAQ here:

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/professional-services/training/check-point-certification-faq.p...

However in general:

1) If you have a pre-R80 CCSA certification, you must take the full "156-215.80 Check Point Certified Security Administrator R80 exam" because the CCSA course was heavily revamped for the R80+ release.  There is no "update" CCSA R80.10 exam.  To achieve CCSE R80.10 certification in this instance you'll also have to pass the "156-315.80  Check Point Certified Security Expert - R80" exam.

2) If you have an existing pre-R80 CCSE certification, passing the new "156-915.80 Check Point Certified Security Expert Update - R80" will renew your CCSE certification to version R80.10.  There is no need to take the "156-215.80 Check Point Certified Security Administrator R80 exam" exam in this instance, but ONLY if you hold a previous CCSE certification.

It also should be noted that there is now the optional ability to take these exams from anywhere with online proctoring, instead of having to physically show up at a Pearson/VUE testing facility.

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

Thank you Tim for your answer on this.

I am looking for European training, unfortunately cannot travel easy to US.

I currently hold a CCSA R77.30 so i know  i need to proceed with CCSE R77.30 exmas .

Nevertheless i want to be trained for the R80.10 so that is why i look for a fast quick English taught training in EU

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Hello Loukia,

You can find all upcoming R80.10 certification trainings here: Events and Training 

Alternatively you could also check for any ATC (ATC locator) near you that is offering such certification trainings and order them directly through their website.

Finally you could use the Partner locator and get a quote for a CCSE R80.10 training near you directly from one your local Check Point distributors.

Regards,

Danny

0 Kudos
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

Thank you Danny,

Just most of the ATC do not offer CCSE R80 and the ones that do, through the certification training website are marked as not found when you try to register. Probably the classes are not running or cancelled. 

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

There has not been a huge demand for the CCSE R80.10 class yet, mainly because it has not been widely publicized by Check Point.  That should be changing here shortly...

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to note on this thread we do have a https://community.checkpoint.com/community/training-and-certification?sr=search&searchId=9c984f44-e4...‌ space, which is the appropriate place to ask these sorts of questions.

0 Kudos
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

I believe this is already under training and certification section. 

Nevertheless just to inform that in Cyprus and Greece they give the below R80.10 trainings: 

Check Point Training Insight Schedule

ATHENS

CCSA: 23, 24, 25 OCTOBER 2017

CCSE: 30, 31, 01 OCTOBER - NOVEMBER 2017

CYPRUS

CCSA: 11, 12, 13 OCTOBER 2017

CCSE: 16, 17, 18 OCTOBER 2017

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events