cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NahomG
Explorer

certification

Hello everyone

Last week i passed the CCSA R81.20 exam and received the certificate. when i got the certificate it was written as just R81.

Is it correct ? should it say R81 or R81.20 on the certificate

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

I always put (coursename) R81.20 on Shadow Peak's completion certificates, but it really doesn't matter.  The certificate is created by the ATC instructor (not Check Point), so you should be able to ask the instructor for a revised certificate including the latest version number.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I always recall showing exact version on the cert, ie R77.30, R80.40, R81.10 and so on. I tagged @Jason_Tugwell , maybe he can verify for you, but I think what @Timothy_Hall said makes total sense, as he is certified CP instructor, so he would know best.

Andy

0 Kudos
Srdjan_B
Collaborator
Collaborator

Few days ago, I passed CCTE  R81.20 (156-587) which has R81.20 version in the name, but my certificate also says R81, without .20 part. 

It seems that initial versions of exam/certificate do not include version in the name, but updated version do get version info. At least that is/was the case with my CCSA/CCSE/CCSM certs. It remains to be seen if the version info will include the part after the dot, or we will see major version only. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In my opinion, even if thats the case, Im sure in CP database it would show correct version and at the end of the day, thats all that matters.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks for reaching out directly to me @NahomG 

I will answer here as well for the benefit of the group.

Currently, we are not specifying the .XX versions of the certifications for the User Center or Credly badges. We are only identifying the major version (R81). Because the updates are occurring more frequently we felt that specifying the version on the certificate may give the wrong impression that a cert was outdated.  The course content needed to be more specific, however once certified, if you are certified on R81.10 vs R81.20, consider yourself R81 certified.  

Perhaps we will have to change this in the future, but we will only indicate the major version on the certificates for now.

Regards,

Jason

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events