Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Prerequisite for CCSE R80?

One of my colleagues passed the CCSA R80 exam two years ago. It'll expire tomorrow and he plans to do the CCSE R80 next week. He asked me if his then-expired CCSA R80 would be an issue.

So I checked with the Check Point Certification FAQ - Updated December 2018

However, I couldn't find any note about the expected status of required prerequisite (CCSA R80).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Valeri's understanding is correct.

A candidate with an expired CCSA is eligible for the CCSE of the same version.

Regards,

Tug

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

CCSA R80 Valid

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You screen shot doesn't show that the CCSA R80 has to be valid. Also what happens if the student tried the CCSE R80 in time before expiration of the CCSA R80, failed, tries again but then the CCSA R80 expires. Does he need to do it all over again? The FAQ doesn't provide any details to this.

0 Kudos
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

On official course of CCSE: Students must have a valid CCSA certification before challenging the CCSE exam.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

My colleague had a valid CCSA R80 exam when he was ordering the CCSE R80 exam. Just the date of the exam is a couple of days after his CCSA's expiration.

0 Kudos
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

Valeri Loukine‌ could you explain for us?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

As far as I understand, one is formally required to be CCSA certified, with the same Rxx version to attend CCSE exam. 

The point Danny Jung‌ raises is valid. One cannot re-do CCSA of the same version, it is not allowed. From where I stand, one should be allowed to certify on higher level even CCSA lapsed. 

But to get an official answer, lets ask Jason Tugwell

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Valeri's understanding is correct.

A candidate with an expired CCSA is eligible for the CCSE of the same version.

Regards,

Tug

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi all, I have made some changes here, now a different official answer from tug is market as correct one

Mick1
Explorer

Hey Danny,

Can i study the CCSE R80 exam and then take the 915 Update?  i'm trying to find good study materials for it.. 

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion
Mick1
Explorer

Awesome!! Thanks dude!! 😁

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events