cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosin_Usuwanthi
Collaborator

Next step for CCSE R77

Hi

I have plan to re-cert  for my CCSE R77.

1.Not sure I should take CCSM R77 or CCSE R80 upgrade.

2. Can I take above exam if my cert expired.

Please advice

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Considering that R77.x is End of Support next year, your certification will be more relevant if you take R80 Certifications.

As to what the requirements are for taking a specific exam, I'll let Jason Tugwell answer that one.

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Kosin,

As a R77 CCSE certified engineer, you do not have a path to recertify the R77 CCSE.  The R80 CCSE update exam (156-915.80) is the correct one for you as it was designed for engineers with a R77 CCSE certification. This would move you to the R80 track of certifications.  The R77 CCSE Update exam is for the CCSE that has a pre-R77 CCSE.

However, if you need to stay with R77 certifications you have 2 other certifications you can take:

1.       R77 Check Point Certified Security Master - CCSM (156-115.77)
  2.       R77 Multi-Domain Security Management with VSX  - CCMSE (156-820.77)

Both of these certifications are the above the CCSE, so if you get these certifications you will get all of the benefits of the CCSE.
These are 2-year certifications and they will be valid until expiration regardless if the software version is supported.  Eventually we will stop offering the R77 versions of the exams, but this has not been planned as of yet.  We will give a 90-day notice before discontinuing those exams.
If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.
Regards,
Tug

Kosin_Usuwanthi
Collaborator

Thank you Dameon and Jason.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events