cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oskar_Rodin
Participant

2 Continuing Education Credits

Hi

I've heard that 2 Continuing Education Credits within 2 years will extend your CCSE exam for another year.

When I took my second Accreditation exam online i did not get my CCSE extended.

Instead of Accreditation, the Threat Prevention exam says this:

RENEWALThreat Prevention R77 - 2 Continuing Education Credits

But my expiration date on the CCSE certification is still not extended?

Why is this?

14 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

It two exams, not two education credit points.

In order to extend your CCSE certification you need pass two of these accreditation exams within two years. As you passed one already, pass another one and your CCSE certification will be extended.

0 Kudos
Oskar_Rodin
Participant

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/professional-services/training/check-point-certification-faq.pd... 

According to this Q&A, it says that two exams within a two-year period will extend your CCSE.

Perhaps this is worng then?

Best Regards

Oskar

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Thanks, I corrected it.

0 Kudos
Oskar_Rodin
Participant

Alright!

So back to my first Q.

I've took the Sandblast exam in August 2016 and the Treat Prevention in November 2017.

My CCSE should have been extended with one year?

Best Regards

Oskar

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

If both exams are shown on your My certifications page and no CCSE-RENEWED entry was added to your certification list (see my example below), you should drop an email to the cert manager, https://community.checkpoint.com/people/JTUGW335e1074-d394-3451-bbb7-d6280ad800a4‌. If your November exam was not added yet to your certification list, just wait a couple more days.

0 Kudos
Joe_Cremin
Explorer

Hi Danny,

I see that you have 2 renewals.  I am in a similar situation.  I passed the sandblaster and IPS exams between 11/2016 and 4/2017.  That extended my CCSE to 4/2018.  I would just like to confirm, can I now take 2 other exams to extend it to 4/2019?

Regards,

Joe.

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Joe,

Since this program was intended for once every 2 years, you will be eligible for another extension in November 2018.

In the meantime, you should consider extending your CCSE using the R80 CCSE Update exam (156-915.80).  This exam is a 2-year certification.   

Thanks,

Tug                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

0 Kudos
Joe_Cremin
Explorer

Thanks Jason, that's what I thought, but I wanted to rule out any other options.  R80 here I come!

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Joe,

you can't do that and you shouldn't really want to do that. Please read Tug's response for your options.

I understand you are curious about my two CCSE renewals. I got the first one for attending a CPX pre-conference training and the second one for completing two Check Point accreditation exams.

Please note: CPX training attendees nowadays only receive six months extension towards extending a current CCSA, CCSE or CCSM certification. If you aren't already signed up for CPX360 in Las Vegas, Feb. 6-8, 2018, hurry up > register for the post-conference training on Feb. 9th and have your CCSE extended for another six months to have more time to thoroughly prepare for your R80 CCSE Update (156-915.80) exam.

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

This will be fixed this week.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Tug

Jason Tugwell “Tug” 

Certification Manager  | Education Services   

0 Kudos
Svante_Oskarsso
Participant

Hi Jason, 

Can you fix this for me aswell? I've done the same procedure as Oskar above, both Threat Prevention and Sandblast but have not got my CCSE Renewal,

Best regards

Svante

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Svante,

We will fix this for you as well.

It will show by the end of next week.

Thank you,

Tug

0 Kudos
Lincoln_Alencar
Participant

Hi Jason.

The extension of CCSE still valid? I did the Threat Prevention test today, and I've already did the SandBlast Administrator am I eligible to have CCSE extended?

Thank You

Lincoln Alencar Evangelista

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

The CCSE extension is not valid anymore. See: https://vue.com/checkpoint#un-proctored

Also see: Check Point Certification FAQ - Updated December 2018

As per the FAQ "Continuing Education Accreditation" exams no longer extend your CCSE.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events