Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9eae3dd1-bcda-4
Explorer

SNMP MIBS for IPS Blade

sk90860 Section VI-3 documents SNMP OIDs for many of the blades, but the IPS Blade is missing.  Is this an oversight or is there a reason why IPS was excluded?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise information about IPS are you expecting to see over SNMP?
0 Kudos
9eae3dd1-bcda-4
Explorer

I'd expect to see similar information as you'd see for the other blades, let's use Anti-Bot as an example.  What I'd really like to accomplish is to be able to alert when my IPS updates fail for some reason, so Update Status is most appropriate (failed,up-to-date,new,degrade,unknown).

Would be great to be able to pull something like Installation Date/Version that can be compared to see if they are more than a week out of date for instance.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Up until fairly recently, IPS signatures had to be pushed from the management.
They still are in many configurations.
Might be better off querying this using REST API.
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/show-ips-status~v1.6
If you want to use SNMP you might have to create a custom MIB tied to the relevant CLI commands.
0 Kudos
9eae3dd1-bcda-4
Explorer

Custom SNMP or REST API sound like two possible solutions that can be tested.  But going back to my original question, I'm guessing my answer is there is no SNMP MIBs for IPS as there is for the other blades such as Anti-Bot, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, App Control, etc.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you're not finding them in the MIB, then they don't exist 🙂
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Just to follow up on this old thread it appears there are some queryable SNMP OIDs present for the IPS blade now, at least in R81.20.  They may have been added in an earlier code release, but this is the first time I've noticed them:

snmp_ips.png

Edit: Looking back through the MIB files it appears these were added in version R81.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events