Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MariuszT
Explorer
Jump to solution

test maas pkg version script

Hi,

After CP made upgrade of smart-1 cloud to R81.20 I see in task bar "TEST MAAS PKG VERSION SCRIPT" performed by WEB_API user.

In details it looks like performing only 'cpinfo -y all' to check installed HF and check if new update is available, and I think it was done since smart console shows status about updates, but it was never showed in tasks performed bar.

Have you observed similar logs? Is it by design?

Greetings,

Mariusz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi @MariuszT  and all
This is indeed a CP run,  which you don't have to be concerned about.  that can happen occasionally  on S1C tenants when needed. It can be performed when the connection to the GWs and GWs version  need to be examined, which was this case. It is not related directly to the upgrade.
Thanks
Tomer  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

What is your concern?

0 Kudos
(1)
MariuszT
Explorer

If it is legit. When behavior of tool used for years is changing it makes me suspicius. 

0 Kudos
(1)
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I think it is, especially after the upgrade. It makes perfect sense for a MAAS system to check automatically if the right version Is in use after upgrade completion.

However, if you need an official answer, feel free to ask TAC

0 Kudos
Liat_Cihan
Employee
Employee

Hello Marius,

I will contact you in private to get some info from you and we will check the issue you are describing.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I agree if you want confirmation, a TAC case is probably needed.
Having said that, some newer features/functionality automatically updated as needed with no action required on your part.
This has been the case when Threat Emulation is used and makes sense for the maas connector as well.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant speak for R81.20 for smart-1 cloud yet, but I recall when CP did upgrade for a customer who had R80.40 smart-1 cloud to R81.10, they noticed some geo warnings about few countries and warnings definitely did not make sense, as they indicated that those countries did not exist  or something along those lines(well, no way they could have disappeared off the map in few hours...lol).

Anyway, we called TAC and guy who had access to backend did something and fixed the problem, though he never told us exactly what was done.

Are you able to send details of the warning?

0 Kudos
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi @MariuszT  and all
This is indeed a CP run,  which you don't have to be concerned about.  that can happen occasionally  on S1C tenants when needed. It can be performed when the connection to the GWs and GWs version  need to be examined, which was this case. It is not related directly to the upgrade.
Thanks
Tomer  

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good to know @TomerLev , so I dont need to wonder why that shows up when our S1C customers get upgraded to R81.20. By the way, any idea when upgrade of S1C instances is scheduled to be done to R81.20 or it depends on customer basis?

Andy

0 Kudos
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy and all

The gradual upgrade to 81.20 of all customers is in process and significant portion of customer environments are already on 81.20. Within several weeks all customers will be upgraded to 81.20. Upgrades are done in off hours and customer receives a notification email several days before with the schedule range in which it will be performed.

Customer that wish to be upgraded early as possible can approach and request to be prioritized.    

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks Tomer! This customer is super happy with S1C and 6400 gateways they purchased when they switched from another vendor. We had some minor issues, but easily fixed and they love https inspection features. What they are NOT happy about (sadly) is harmony endpoint suite...so many issues and even R&D cant seem to fix them now for more than a year.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events