Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nandhakumar
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmcore file in /var/log/crash file

Hi Community Experts,

I have noticed vmcore-incomplete file in /var/log/crash directory which consume 21 GB of disk space. It was generated 2 years ago.

I have 2 questions, can you help me with that.

How these files are getting generated automatic or manually by someone running some commands?

Are we good to delete this file as it consumes high disk space unable to upgrade gateway?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

These dumps are gernerated automatically if something goes wrong on the system. Enable generation of kernel core dump file on Check Point Security Gateway on SecurePlatform / Gaia 

If you you want to know what's going on 2 years ago you can open TAC case and Check Point will analyze the file to find the root cause of the dump.

But I think a 2 year old file can be savely deleted of there are no known problems with the system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

These dumps are gernerated automatically if something goes wrong on the system. Enable generation of kernel core dump file on Check Point Security Gateway on SecurePlatform / Gaia 

If you you want to know what's going on 2 years ago you can open TAC case and Check Point will analyze the file to find the root cause of the dump.

But I think a 2 year old file can be savely deleted of there are no known problems with the system.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)