Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor
Jump to solution

ipassignment.conf and LDAP grop

Hello again.

Continuation of a previous post but the old post is marked as resolved (because it was) to allow contributor to receive credit.  😊

In a nutshell - we need to limit access to a network host to a small group of 5 individuals.  The solution has to work with NAT (Identity Awareness is out as it doesn't work with NAT).  This solution will be used for WFH users - the current OM IP pool is Nat'd to the internal interface of the Check Point.  

My solution:

I'd like to configure the ipassignment.conf file to assign a range of IPs to my already existing AD group - then limit access to the resource based on the static IPs. (This will be used for WFH users).

What I've done:

• Created a draft of my ipassignment.conf file

Here is how my ipassignment.conf file will look referencing SK:  sk33422 

#Gateway             Type             IP Address                User Name

==================================================

IP of gateway        range          10.0.0.0-10.0.0.5       Test Group  (AD group)

• Created an LDAP Account Unit that points directly to my AD group - so the UID is my group. 
  • Trying to create an LDAP Group Object that the ipassignment.conf file can reference.  The Group's scope is the first option - "All Account-Unit's Users"

Questions:

1. Unfortunately, my AD security group contains a space in the name.  When I try and create the LDAP group, I'm receiving the error "Object name contains space..."  How can I get around this?  
  2. Will this plan work?  🙄

Thank you, and as always - any help is always much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Even if you could get past the UI validation in SmartConsole, I suspect that space will be problematic in ipassignment.conf as well.
Change the name to something without a space.
Otherwise, this should work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Even if you could get past the UI validation in SmartConsole, I suspect that space will be problematic in ipassignment.conf as well.
Change the name to something without a space.
Otherwise, this should work.

Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

Ok cool. Thank you!  

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events