Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4d10s
Explorer

VSX password policy

I understand that VSX is running Redhat linux and I tried to check the local account password-policy using:

#ipa pwpolicy-show          // no such command

Since Checkpoint gateway does password policy, so I would expect the same thing on VSX but I can't find it. What's the correct command to check this feature?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Check Point gateways run Gaia OS, which is based on RHEL, but is not exactly RHEL.
User accounts and passwords are managed through Gaia OS specific commands via clish.

See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81_Gaia_AdminGuide/Topics-GAG/Passwor...

0 Kudos
4d10s
Explorer

For Gaia OS I can check from GUI and cli. But I mean for VSX, when I cli in its running in Linux based so those command wont work. there must be .conf file for the password-policy I can check.

0 Kudos
4d10s
Explorer

When I login to the VSX the CLI doens't looks like a Gaia like other Gateway but more like a Linux based command. Is it I'm entering different mode? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Like any Linux, you can configure users to use specific login shells.
The default shell for users in Gaia OS is clish, but it can also be configured to bash (i.e. expert mode).
This is not specific to VSX.

The only supported method for accessing and changing OS-specific settings on a VSX gateway is via clish as WebUI is generally not available.
If you are not in clish when you log in, type "clish" after you log in.
Then you can access/change OS-specific settings.

0 Kudos
4d10s
Explorer

ok, so I guess the default shell is bash when I login. If I type "clish", the next time I login will be bash right?

0 Kudos
4d10s
Explorer

So, the default shell when I login is bash, if I type "clish" and next time I login will be bash or clish?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events