Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk1
Collaborator
Jump to solution

VSX interface creation issue

Hello all,

We have 3 VSX appliances which work in VSLS mode. I created new regular VLAN interface (bond0.111) on one of the virtual systems. Everything on the management seemed fine, but after that I noticed that VLAN interface was created only on one of the VSX members and it's missing on the others. Hence currently we have only one Active VS and the others are in DOWN state, which is a normal behaviour after one of the VSs has more interfaces than the others. I didn't try to add the interface manually on the other two members, because we prefer to configure everything on the VSX cluster from the SmartConsole. We've never seen that issue on the previous version R80.30. It started when we upgraded to R81.10. I have tried cpstop/cpstart on the affected VS, but it didn't help. I know we can try to create the missing interface manually, but this is not the point. I want when I create something from the SmartConsole to be working properly.

The software version of the VSX appliances is R81.10 with JHF Take 45.

Have you ever seen similar issue on your environments? Ticket was opened also to TAC.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mk1
Collaborator

sk92784 solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Can you provide a screenshot that the VLAN is existing in one member and not in the other one?

0 Kudos
mk1
Collaborator

Sure. In the attached screenshots you can see the VLAN interface is created on both members, but by some reason it's not part of cluster interfaces. You can see that from cphaprob -a if output.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

try to force fetching conf file by vsx fetch on affected vs https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81_VSX_AdminGuide/Topics-VSXG/CLI/vsx...

please compare fwkern.conf files from both member

0 Kudos
mk1
Collaborator

fwkern.conf is identical on all 3 members. I will try "vsx fetch" together with removing and adding the interface again, if vsx fetch doesn't help. This is the second time we face similar issue since we upgraded to R81.10 and I'm afraid we will face it again in future and won't be good if we have to run "vsx fetch" or another manual command every time. I'm waiting TAC for some reasonable explanation.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

ok, share the fix when TAC's job will be done 🙂

0 Kudos
mk1
Collaborator

sk92784 solved the issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)