Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

VPN client for Linux?

Hi everyone,

Im sure this was asked before, but just wondering, is there an official vpn client for checkpoint for linux OS? I cant find one anywhere on the support site.

Thank you!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

Hello  Rock.

The only Check Point's currently supported VPN client for Linux is SSL Network Extender (SNX). It officially supports these Linux distributions (sk65210😞

• Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 16.10, 17.04
  • openSUSE 11.4, 12.2
  • Fedora 15, 16, 18
  • RHEL 6.1, 7.3, 7.4

View solution in original post

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unless you count SNX, there isn’t a Check Point branded VPN client for Linux.
With R81 gateways, it is possible to use the StrongSWAN client in addition to SNX.

There is an Endpoint Security client of sorts for Linux currently in EA but it does not include VPN.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

Hello  Rock.

The only Check Point's currently supported VPN client for Linux is SSL Network Extender (SNX). It officially supports these Linux distributions (sk65210😞

• Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 16.10, 17.04
  • openSUSE 11.4, 12.2
  • Fedora 15, 16, 18
  • RHEL 6.1, 7.3, 7.4
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thank you, and I was aware of that sk. I was more thinking the actual physical vpn client linux download, ie E84.71 endpoint client, but guess not available.

Thanks again!!

RuiRibeiro
Contributor

Officially it might be supported only on those distributions/versions, ran natively on a couple more, however there are ways to run it on almost all recent distribution releases https://github.com/ruyrybeyro/chrootvpn

Scroll down that URL to see a list of distributions/versions tested with that method.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unless you count SNX, there isn’t a Check Point branded VPN client for Linux.
With R81 gateways, it is possible to use the StrongSWAN client in addition to SNX.

There is an Endpoint Security client of sorts for Linux currently in EA but it does not include VPN.

0 Kudos
RuiRibeiro
Contributor

Hi, I am using SNX on a corporate setting. StrongSwan implies added config parameters on the CheckPoint side, right?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, correct.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events