Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hakimi
Participant

Unable to create new backup tasks or delete older backup packages via the Gaia portal

Hi,

I am having trouble to create a new backup tasks for my gateway server. Initially, I already have a running backup tasks which was done via the Gaia portal but for some reason the task hangs or got stuck. I had to delete the following files to terminate the stuck backup tasks as per https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk100403:

• /tmp/.lock.backup_restore
  • /var/CPsnapshot/tmp/cpbackup_util_*.lock
  • /var/CPsnapshot/tmp/backup_util.lock
  • /var/CPbackup/backups/.last_backup_status
  • /var/log/CPbackup/backups/.last_backup_status

After resolving the stuck backup task, I tried to create new backup task but I got the error as below: Screenshot (104).png

I also tried to delete older backup packages and got the same error as above. This only happens to my gateway as I can successfully create backup tasks on management.

I am running R80.10.

Please advise. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The error is specific to Maestro environment. Are you running Maestro?

0 Kudos
hakimi
Participant

Hi yes, Im running Maestro. I forgot to mention.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, are you trying to run backup or snapshot?

0 Kudos
hakimi
Participant

I tried to run backup. Also, the error also comes up when I tried to delete older backup packages.

I tried running backup and deleting backup packages from command line and it was successful, so I am assuming the error is specific to the portal.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @hakimi 

Have you tried this opretion in gclish? My expereice, there was a situation, when not all of the SGM have the backups (of snapshots) therefore can't delete it, because the file was not there.

And I had to delete one-by-one on the specific 

What does the CLI say?

Akos

0 Kudos
hakimi
Participant

Hi Akos,

When I got the error, I immediately try to delete the files in the glish and they were successful. If you mean, I have another gateway member that I should be deleting the files manually as well, I have not done that. Is my understanding correct?

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @hakimi 

I mean that, there were not all backups on all SMGs. Thats why you can't delete. Somebody made one backup in clish, instead of gclish.

My experience is that, I prefer gclish to WEBUI if I administering MAESTRO

Br,

Ákos

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80.10 is End of Support and doesn't support Maestro.
Do you mean R81.10?

0 Kudos
hakimi
Participant

Hi yes, i didn't notice the typo. Its r81.10

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall seeing something similar few years ago (definitely NOT maestro though) and reboot fixed it. Not sure if you could try rebooting it after hours and test.

Andy

0 Kudos
hakimi
Participant

What is the recommended way to do a backup on Maestro environment. I have a feeling the error occurs because the devices are no longer synchronized but how do you suggest I proceed from here?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im not maestro expert by any means, but will verify tomorrow on R82 elasticxl lab device, which is pretty much maestro (in a way). Though, Im 99.99% sure backups are done same way as regular gateway, from web UI and in clish by running add backup and then keep pressing tab for options.

Best,

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@hakimi As promised, here it is.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

  

hakimi
Participant

Hi @the_rock,

Thank you so much for the information. Big thanks.

Im going to try it now.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are very welcome, glad we can help.

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Do not forget to included backup of your orchestrator in this proces!

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk174202

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Gaia_AdminGuide/Topics-GAG/B...

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events