Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saitoh
Newcomer

Unable to access CP3100 R81.20, saying 'SmartConsole has experienced a serious problem'.

Hi all,

I am really new to this product (about for a week), learning how this product works by boss's call.

I used to touch FortiGate from Fortinet, XGS Firewall from Sophos, Cloudgen Firewall from Barracuda, and SRX from Juniper.

I am having a hard time getting used to CP Firewall since I feel like it has a different architecture than any other product I have ever used.

Looking through several websites said to me that SmartConsole is used when accessing to software area.

I successfully did:

>config change

>factory reset

>powercycle the appliance

>clean install the OS

On-site work is on the way, and therefore getting the gist of how to handling the appliance is urgent for me.

Now, the error prevents me from accessing security gateway, on the console of which it says:

'SmartConsle has experienced a serious problem and needs to relaunch.'

This happens under the circumstance as follows:

>Windows11, and 10

>right credentials of admin account

>right IP address with GUI client configured

>smallest network diagram(directly connected, and no other appliances linked)

>no luck by trying to access different PC

In trying to connect, SmartConsole goes like:

>shows login screen

>'Connecting to the server...', 'Initialising service...', 'Loading data...', then error pops out.

Sadly relaunching SmartConsole makes no difference.

I surmise the root cause of this inhabits the appliance since this error is observed from every PC I tested.

However, clean install GAiA OS does not resolve this issue.

A part of the crashlog of SmartConsole says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(ERROR) AppShell.UnhandledExceptionReporter - 

The composition produced multiple composition errors, with 5 root causes. The root causes are provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1) Could not finishing composing object of type 'AppShellUI.ServerDetailsViewModel'. The import '
ContractName CP.Infrastructure.DLE.DleClient
RequiredTypeIdentity CP.Infrastructure.DLE.DleClient' was not satisfied.

2) Could not finishing composing object of type 'AppShellUI.ServerDetailsViewModel'. The import '
ContractName System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer
RequiredTypeIdentity System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer' was not satisfied.

3) Could not finishing composing object of type 'AppShellUI.ServerDetailsViewModel'. The import '
ContractName Comm.MgmtServer.ICommunicationProxyHelper
RequiredTypeIdentity Comm.MgmtServer.ICommunicationProxyHelper' was not satisfied.

4) Could not finishing composing object of type 'AppShellUI.ServerDetailsViewModel'. The import '
ContractName CP.GuiInfrastructure.VirtualCommandRepository
RequiredTypeIdentity CP.GuiInfrastructure.VirtualCommandRepository' was not satisfied.

5) Could not finishing composing object of type 'AppShellUI.ServerDetailsViewModel'. The import '
ContractName CP.Infrastructure.DLE.HelperClasses.DomainSessionInfoProvider
RequiredTypeIdentity CP.Infrastructure.DLE.HelperClasses.DomainSessionInfoProvider' was not satisfied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not familiar with this kinds of things, but it seems to me that most of the error contains composing error.

R81.20, with JHF take 65 is applied to my CP3100

Any help and comment is more than appreciated.

That would be lovely if you let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks for reading my post!

Regards,

Shuto Saitoh

sliver bullet: casting repero or tossing into the harbor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It could be something with a localized version of Windows.
I would try Portable SmartConsole and ensure you have all the required libraries installed: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk116158
Note: these need to be 32bit versions (not 64bit ones).

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Try to use the webbrowser version to see if you made an installation mistake or it is maybe issue on client:

To use Web SmartConsole:
navigate in a web browser to https://<Management Server IP address>/smartconsole

I assume it is management on the box? 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

From ssh, can you send below:

fwm ver

$FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh

api status

cpwd_admin list

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events