Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wyman
Contributor

Static Route Entry - Appliance vs Full Gaia

Hi. Currently we have a 1450 appliance in a serviced office. We are going to swap it out for a 4000 appliance. We have 1 internal interface that's the default gateway of the PCs. Its IP is 10.10.10.1. Looking at the routing table, any traffic for the subnet 10.10.10.0/24 is forwarded to the same interface (LAN1; IP 10.10.10.1)

On the full version of Gaia I know if I put in the next hop as 10.10.10.1 I will get an error saying that the IP is already taken by the FW interface. I believe all I need to do is to specify the next hop as an interface and the routing should work (I don't know the IP of the switch downstream). I don't have a means of testing until the migration is in progress - am I thinking along the right lines with this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In general, yes, you would use the interface as the next hop.
Is the gateway also going to have an IP on 10.10.10.0/24?
In which case, that route should not be necessary as it should be added as a result of adding the IP to the interface.

Which does beg the question what purpose this route is serving.

0 Kudos
Wyman
Contributor

Hi PhoneBoy. Thanks for the reply. Yes, the internal IP of the FW will have the IP of 10.10.10.1/24 so that will be the clients' default gateway.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events