cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleksander_Osma
Explorer

StarLink IPSEC

Hi all!

Is it possible to create a VPN tunnel between sites using 2xCheckPoint verion R81.20 . ?

If so, and it worked, what steps should I take to set it up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Likely depends on your Starlink service/subscription, otherwise it shouldn't be vastly different to any other CP VPN.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

Bear in mind that StarLink connections are usually on dynamic public IP addresses, and I have seen these change quite frequently (like multiple times per day), so that is likely to be an obstacle that needs dealing with.

0 Kudos
Aleksander_Osma
Explorer

Yes public ip change 5-6 times per day

I know fortigate Device work with cgnat StarLink , but i try use recomendation fortigate to use on CP

but only get

Quick Mode Sent Notification: no subnet support in ike negotiations

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk181787 indicates a configuration issue (specifically the encryption domain).
Please detail the exact configuration steps you've taken as well as provide a simple network diagram.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

This error sounds like you have to change the settings in the VPN community from subnet to gateway (third option is host)

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Which is configured in the relevant VPN community:

image.png

0 Kudos
Aleksander_Osma
Explorer

I try change settings but not help me. Now i collect debug information

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure why Starlink is in the subject.
In any case, start with the official documentation: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_SecurityManagement_AdminGuid... 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events