Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry_Groom
Explorer

SmartReporter Server has been disconnected from SmartCenter Server / Log Server '127.0.0.1'

I am a new administrator for our checkpoint infrastructure. I am still trying to get a handle on the entire setup throughout the network. I keep getting an email from my gateway with the error:

"SmartReporter Server has been disconnected from SmartCenter Server / Log Server '127.0.0.1', verify that SmartCenter Server / Log Server is running. "

I cannot find any setting where this is set? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should not be getting this from a gateway, but I could see you getting it from the management server.

Regardless, the fact it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 suggests SmartReporter is running on the same system.

Look in your "Check Point" network objects to see which one has SmartReporter enabled on it.

It should be your management appliance, but not one that is also running Security Gateway on it.

Maybe start with this SK: "Failed to initialize communication with SmartReporter Server" error when connecting with SmartRepor... 

0 Kudos
Jerry_Groom
Explorer

Thank you. This makes sense. It looks as though the smartreporter was enabled on the management server as well as the gateway.

Just for clarification though. If the smartreporter is enabled on the management server only. I should not get the 127.0.0.1 error?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Correct, you shouldn't be getting that.

FYI, if you're responding to threads via email, make sure to exclude your email signature (I removed it from the above message).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events