Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pizzaprophet
Explorer

SmartConsole 81.10/Quantum 6200 - Logs Indexing configuration changed. Smartconsole restart required

In SmartConsole (R81.10), I have a HA cluster of two Quantum 6200's (CPAP-SG6200-PLUS-SNBT). On the secondary one, i get "Logs Indexing configuration changed. Smartconsole restart required". Logs are still visible.

Log indexing is enabled. Disabling then enabling it did not help. If i try to do Install Database, i get "Installation failed. Reason: no policy to install", even if i do it to one gateway at a time. Also see screenshots

Also, on the primary i get "Log server is disconnected"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Start with this massive SK

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk163260

For this error: "Log server is disconnected"

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
pizzaprophet
Explorer

I'm not sure which of those situations I have:

1: Log indexing is already enabled
2: That solution seems to be for version 81.0? I can't find the "Accept control connections" setting?
3: I didn't upgrade
4: AFAIK i don't have a "multi-domain server" also $RTDIR/log/RFL.log doesn't contain that error
5: Not applicable as I don't get the "File: [<File Name>] does not exis" error message?
6-9: Not applicable as i don't get the "there are no log servers available" error

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Regarding the message you receive during Install Database it is a Known Limitation:

MTR-12437 In Full HA cluster, the "Install Database" operation is supported only on the Cluster object (and not on the individual cluster member objects).
If you try to install database on the cluster member objects, it would fail with the message "Installation failed. Reason: No policy to install."
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events