Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronPW
Contributor

Replacing 1550 gateways in a cluster using same configuration and settings.

Hi. We have a site with 2 1550 running R80.20.40 in a cluster that we are replacing with some other 1550 running 81.10.07.  These current units have been long term problems in terms of reliability that we are being instructed to replace them. 

On the replacements I've used the same interface and routing configurations, and have given them the same hostnames.  Can I just swap them in for the old units, make sure SIC is established, then push policy?  Or would it be better to recreate the cluster?

Any issues with this approach?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe below is what you meant, but I will let someone with more SMB appliances confirm for sure.

Andy

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Replace-Upgrade-Cluster/td-p/69216

AaronPW
Contributor

Cool.  That is switching to a different model it looks like but a similar process.  All my interfaces and routing are already set on the new unit as well.  This is being done off hours so no issues with downtime.   

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, so thats perfect then, sounds like you got a hang of it mate : - )

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Also, I would say your method makes sense, if they are locally managed. MAKE SURE you keep the backup/config, in case is needed down the road. Normally, like on Cisco, you can simply copy bits and pieces over and then keep saving, by running save config command.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
AaronPW
Contributor

These are centrally managed.  We have a central SmartConsole/Update server managing all of our gateways.   Unless I'm misunderstanding you. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Perfect, then follow the first link I sent, it would be applicable.

Andy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events