Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

R81.20 SNMP missing multiDiskTable

The multiDiskTable OIDs from CHECKPOINT-MIB are missing in R81.20. They are available in the R81.20 mib, but the gateway responds that "no Such Instance currently exists at this OID".

The alternative is to use hrStorageTable from HOST-RESOURCES-MIB to monitor disk space. This is not great, since values are allocation units and space has to be calculated, which results in grater complexity and inaccuracy.

If anyone knows of any other alternatives or if the original table will be fixed in R81.20, please let us know.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did you report this issue via TAC?

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Yes. Their response is that I should download the MIB from support center and replace the original mib from factory in every appliance, which is a terrible solution.

One more thing for partners and customers to keep track of on top of specific hotfixes, fwkern.conf, trac_client_1.ttm and many other files that cannot be automatically backed up or migrated.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to be clear, you need to download the MIB from SupportCenter to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

That is correct, download and replace /opt/CPshrd-R81.20/lib/snmp/chkpnt.mib with the new one.

For some reason it works and I couldn't find out why. I ran a diff between original and downloaded files and the only differences are related to objects checkPoint19200, checkPoint29100, checkPoint29200. The lines related to multiDiskTable are exactly the same.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

I just found out that replacing the mib file does not solve the issue. What solves the issue for a few minutes is restarting SNMP. Since I had to restart snmp after replacing the file it work, but after sometime it fails again. The mib file has nothing to do with the problem.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events