cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BorisL
Collaborator

R81.20 Error when rebooting gateway

Hello.

We are experiencing the strangest behaviour.

When we reboot the FW, we see in the startup messages that when the local rule base is to be loaded we get the message that file /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1/local.ifs is not found.

In exploring the /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1/ directory, we see that the only content is another FW1 directory

/opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1/FW1, which contains all the files.

Then have to copy all the contents of the latter to /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1/ and upon reboot, the firewall starts normally.

Can anybody explain what could be happening here and how to solve it?

BR.

Boris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Cant recall ever seeing that message. Will check in the lab shortly in regards to that file. Was this always there or you just noticed it recently?

Andy

0 Kudos
BorisL
Collaborator

Hi Andy,

It has happened twice.

We first got erros installing the policy. We had to supress the fast update to get the install to work. Then, when we rebooted the FW, we got that message and discovered that the FW1 files were not where they were supposed to be and copied them back to /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1/.

Very strange indeed how that directory got copied one level below where it should be.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just checked one of my lab boxes and below is what I see. Now, on another lab appliance, also R81.20, works 100% fine, I do NOT see this file and though I just rebooted that VM, no unusual messages. Might be worth check with TAC?

For the context, BOTH are on R81.20 jumbo 84, as I always install latest jumbo fix in my lab the day it comes out.

Andy

[Expert@CP-GW:0]# cd /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1
[Expert@CP-GW:0]# more local.ifs
R81.20-CP-LAB-POLICY
[Expert@CP-GW:0]#

0 Kudos
BorisL
Collaborator

We have Open Server (VSEC on  AWS instance). Not an appliance.

[Expert@FW_AMZ_ES_INT_R81_20:0]# cd /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/state/local/FW1
[Expert@FW_AMZ_ES_INT_R81_20:0]# more local.ifs
Standard

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Same here, no appliance in the lab, just eve-ng. But regardless, it would show same on the physical box too. Its simply name of the policy installed.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events