Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Orange light on the eth1 port 6400 appliance

Hey guys,

Figured would share this in case anyone experiences the same issue. Govermnent client purchased brand new 6400 appliances and we did config and everything (cutover tonight, fingers crossed goes well), but one of the boxes had orange light on eth1 port and no matter what we did, could not get rid of it, rebooted, disabled/re-enabled port, ran hardware diag tool, all green. Even TAC person was a bit perplexed by it, but customer told me another person from different government branch told them they had same issue with different CP appliance and solution was to shut down the box (or halt it), power it on and that was it, all good now.

In all my years with CP, I never encountered such a problem that needed shut down, but hey, learn something new every day.

Figured would share in case someone else experiences the same 🙂

Best and have a nice weekend folks.

Woohoo, weekend.

Best,

Andy

GarfieldWeekendGIF.gif

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If anyone has this sort of problem with any regular appliance, if you plug in cable and shows interface as up, ethtool shows good status, ifconfig -a, as well as show interface command in clish, all you have to do is run halt from expert mode, then wait till appliance is shut down, unplug power for about 30 seconds, plug it back in and vola, light will go away.

Best,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

were there some issues with that eth1 port ? the amber color was present even without cable plugged in ? Was it blinking or permanent solid amber ? Left or right LED was amber ?

In normal cases there should be 2 LEDs on RJ45 ports (activity and link speed).

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think thats what confused TAC gusy, as well as myself...it was orange without anything plugged in, correct.

Andy

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

was eth1 up (set interface eth1 state on) ? Or ifconfig eth1 up ?

What gaia version and jumbo was installed ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yep, it was up. Same issue with R81.10 out of the box and when we upgraded to R81.20 jumbo 41

Halt and then powering back on solved it 🙂

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If anyone has this sort of problem with any regular appliance, if you plug in cable and shows interface as up, ethtool shows good status, ifconfig -a, as well as show interface command in clish, all you have to do is run halt from expert mode, then wait till appliance is shut down, unplug power for about 30 seconds, plug it back in and vola, light will go away.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events