Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Di_Junior
Advisor
Advisor

OSPF Instances R80.20

Good day Mates

I have recently read about the possibility of creating different OSPF instances in R80.20. This feature is really important for us as we have had issue with OSPF before, and we decided to use static routes instead.

I would like to know if anyone has already implemented OSPF instances and if it is working as expected.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Di_Junior , I've used the OSPF in both, ClusterXL and the VSX VSLS environments.

The Gaia Advanced Routing R80.20 Administration Guide describes the functionality available to you.

I believe that when you first enable OSPF in the cluster, the Standby member does not have the routing data replicated until your first failover to it. So you will not see the routes on the standby member until it becomes active for the first time.

At least this is the behavior I observed. 

Bryce_Myers
Collaborator

We run OSPF across all of our ClusterXL UTMs.  We have never had to fail-over for the routing data to be seen on the Standby member.  The routes should be synchronized via ClusterXL.

One key to note - make sure your router-id matches on both members of the cluster.  We usually chose the VIP of our clusterXL membership facing the other routers.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Bryce_Myers , perhaps this behavior specific to VSX. 

0 Kudos
Bryce_Myers
Collaborator

@Vladimircould be!  We don't have OSPF implemented on any VSX gateways.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events