cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregory_Link
Contributor
Jump to solution

Notification: Updatable Object 'Amazon Web Services' is no longer supported

This is a big deal for us.  These updatable objects make firewall rules manageable for cloud services without having to create something custom.  Why in the hell is this no longer supported and why does it show up as an obscure alert in SmartConsole?!

What is the alternative here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanVC
Collaborator

Please check sk164772, it's a cosmetic bug that pops up sometimes. I have seen it happen for the same mgmt server 2-3 times already.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know this may sound silly, but I really believe its a cosmetic bug. Does it come up every time you log in? I saw this before for geo policy updatable objects and when I logged back in next day, it was gone.

Andy

0 Kudos
JanVC
Collaborator

Please check sk164772, it's a cosmetic bug that pops up sometimes. I have seen it happen for the same mgmt server 2-3 times already.

morris
Contributor

How will this work in MDS-Environment?

The Validation error don't appear in global domain anymore after restarting cloudguard process.
But in CMAs the erro still appears.

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

I'm hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one. We have this cosmetic bug occurring for several of our customers, and it doesn't seem to be linked to any specific customer. Today it started showing on an R81.10 + Take 22 management server. I know Check Point claims it is purely cosmetic, but having 125 validation errors showing once the customer logins into Smart Console and having the message highly recommending the customer to get this solved is far from ideal.

Doing the unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES and cloudguard stop && cloudguard start does not solve it either.
I've resolved this issue in the past when cloudguard stop && cloudguard start is not working by removing the contains of $CPDIR/database/downloads/ONLINE_SERVICES/1.0/ and having it all re-downloaded using unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES.

Sometimes we even have to remove all the mentioned updatable objects from the rulebase, and add them back in for the validation errors to go away. This is very tiresome, especially when you have 100+ validation errors as a result of using a lot of different updatable objects.

Do we have any knowledge about why this issue occurs in the first place? I had hoped it was solved with newer versions, but as I'm now seeing it on an R81.10 + JHF Take 22 installation I guess not.

Ignoring the validations errors because they are considered cosmetic isn't a good option. If any relevant and important validations would show up it would simply drown as a part of the 125 cosmetic errors being shown.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events