cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor
Jump to solution

Mobile Access Agent & Java

I never seem to figure this out.  Can anyone confirm for me please?

I'm trying to use Mobile Access to access Native Applications - essentially SNX.  (I have the full MAB license, and MAB ticked on the gateway).  After logging into the MAB portal, when I click "Connect" I'm prompted to download and install the MAB Portal Agent.  When I do that, it bombs out and loads up sk109125, telling me I need to install Java.

Fine.

But Java is no longer free for business use.

So am I missing something?  Or are my options to either pay for a Java subscription or stop using MAB (use Check Point Mobile client instead)?

Does Check Point have an ISV agreement with Oracle to allow us to install and use Java free of charge - as per their FAQ's? (Oracle JDK License General FAQs)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk113410 indicates OpenJDK is an option?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

biskit
Advisor

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much.  I'd completely missed that in the document.

I've tested this and it works a treat.

Some notes that may help others reading this in the future...  Correct at the time of writing, because OpenJDK doesn't have an installer to run:

Download OpenJDK from here:  https://jdk.java.net/20/

1. Extract the zip file into a folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\ and it will create a jdk-20 folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder). You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.

2. Set a PATH:

• Select Control Panel and then System.
    • Click Advanced and then Environment Variables.
    • Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation to the PATH variable in System Variables.
    • The following is a typical value for the PATH variable: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-20\bin"
  3. Set JAVA_HOME:

• Under System Variables, click New.
    • Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
    • Enter the variable value as the installation path of the JDK (without the bin sub-folder).
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply Changes.

Job done!

To see if it worked, open up the Command Prompt and type java -version and see if it prints your newly installed JDK.

If you want to uninstall - just undo the above steps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk113410 indicates OpenJDK is an option?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
biskit
Advisor

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much.  I'd completely missed that in the document.

I've tested this and it works a treat.

Some notes that may help others reading this in the future...  Correct at the time of writing, because OpenJDK doesn't have an installer to run:

Download OpenJDK from here:  https://jdk.java.net/20/

1. Extract the zip file into a folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\ and it will create a jdk-20 folder (where the bin folder is a direct sub-folder). You may need Administrator privileges to extract the zip file to this location.

2. Set a PATH:

• Select Control Panel and then System.
    • Click Advanced and then Environment Variables.
    • Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation to the PATH variable in System Variables.
    • The following is a typical value for the PATH variable: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-20\bin"
  3. Set JAVA_HOME:

• Under System Variables, click New.
    • Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
    • Enter the variable value as the installation path of the JDK (without the bin sub-folder).
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply Changes.

Job done!

To see if it worked, open up the Command Prompt and type java -version and see if it prints your newly installed JDK.

If you want to uninstall - just undo the above steps.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events