cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lalitkumar
Explorer

Migration from R80.20 to R80.40

Hi All,

Please help me for Migration of security gateway from R80.20 to R80.40. what is the best way to execute step by step migration. When both security gateway running on cluster.

Thanks in advance for help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Have you already reviewed the documentation here?

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Lalitkumar
Explorer

Hi Chris_Atkinson,

Thanks for your help,

But i have some little doubt about the migration both Security Gateway are in production. I have less downtime for activity.

Please guide me if both SG are in Cluster. SG-1(Active) & SG-2 (Standby) respectively. if i perform such migration from R80.20 to R80.40 activity on first SMS then same will do on the SG-2 (Standby) by import concern file then upgrade. After reboot it will works in R80.40. After that to make live SG-2. I have to make SG-1(Active) into standby for performing migration to R80.40. Same migration will be perform on SG-1(Active) Standby. SO that SG-1(Active) also running in R80.40. After publishing the policy to SG-1&2 from Security Management Server.

My Question about after migration the Cluster HA (Active-Standby) & SIC both are working fine ? and also about the config file & Policy remains same after upgrade. SIC should not be broken during such activity.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events