cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyrbn
Participant

Load Balancing on Quantum Spark 1800 SMB

Hi,

I'm trying to practice configuring a Quantum Spark 1800 using DemoPoint and I wanted to try Load Balancing using two ISP connections. 

In the Device > Internet page, it is displayed that I have Multiple Internet Connections in High Availability mode, but I don't see the option to toggle from High Availability to Load Balancing mode.

Is this a limitation of the DemoPoint?

Also, is there any resource on configuring Load Balancing on the Quantum Spark 1800?

Thanks.L

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the relevant option shows when you have two or more Internet connections defined.
The settings are configured in the individual ISP connections.
See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R81.10.X/AdminGuides_Locally_Managed/EN/Content/Topics/Conf...

0 Kudos
khineminn
Contributor

@jyrbn  Is it resolved? I still can't find the weight option.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Local or centrally managed and firmware version/build?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
khineminn
Contributor

@Chris_Atkinson   Locally Managed with R81.10.10(996002993). And I also have many questions about SPARK like that traffic is not going through specific route /32 and going via primary Default route. Gateway itself going via specific route /32 but the clients behind gateway are not going via specific route unless PBR. I have attached the photo. 

If someone have time to explain about SPARK via Teams or Zoom with live session, it would be great.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, it's not clear what I'm looking at in these screenshots.
An annotated network diagram would be exceptionally helpful along with some details about what you've configured, what the expected behavior is, and what is actually happening.
The more information you can give us, the more likely we'll be able to assist.

Your local Check Point office should also be able to help here.
If you need help locating the correct contacts, let me know.

0 Kudos
khineminn
Contributor

Two ISP links

1. Internet 1 (10.10.10.10) Primary Default Route

2. Internet 2 (20.20.20.20)

I added the route 8.8.4.4/32 via Internet 2 (20.20.20.1). In the firewall's routing table, it's existed and firewall itself going 8.8.4.4 via Internet 2. So far, it's normal. But the client (172.16.0.0) are still going 8.8.4.4 via Internet 1. I don't know why.

I hope you will got it my point.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Based on the routing table, that’s expected behavior.
However, I still don’t have any idea what was actually configured here.
Please provide screenshots of the relevant configuration for both ISP lines.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events