Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khillip
Participant

Load Balancing on Checkpoint 15400

I am consulting for customers and received this question, can a CheckPoint 15400 running OS 15400 run the load balancing feature between Servers? If it can run, is the performance okay?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I wouldn't go as far as to recommend it but you can look into the "ConnectionControl" feature if you have simple requirements.

Note the 15400 hardware will reach end of engineering support soon.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

The ConnectControl functionality is still there, but I wouldn't recommend trying to push a huge amount of traffic through it.  For a feature this old the traffic subject to it will almost certainly have to go F2F/slowpath through the gateway, it might even have to involve a security server process as well.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

To be clear, are you talking about hosting a VIP on the firewall, then taking traffic destined for that VIP and distributing it between real servers like an A10 Thunder or F5 LTM? That's ConnectControl.

Or are you talking about balancing traffic load between multiple Check Point servers to handle more than a single system is able to? That's either ClusterXL load balancing or Maestro.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Honestly, if I were you, I would get an official written statement from TAC about it. 

Just my personal opinion.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events