cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

KPPAK vs. UPPAK: Slowpath and Fastpath

According to sk32578: SecureXL Mechanism: "When SecureXL works in the User Space (UPPAK) mode, the Security Gateway performance for the Slow Path traffic is lower compared to the Kernel Space (KPPAK) mode."

I've been trying to get my hands on a loaner Lightspeed/9000/19000/29000 appliance to test this for myself, but have been unsuccessful thus far.  So I'll go ahead and just ask:

1) What is the rough penalty for F2F/slowpath traffic in UPPAK mode vs. KPPAK?  Similar to the penalty for moving from KMFW to USFW?

2) What is the rough penalty for fastpath traffic in UPPAK mode vs. KPPAK?

3) Can I assume that Medium Path performance (which is where the vast majority of traffic ends up on most firewalls) is more efficient in UPPAK vs. KPPAK mode due to not having to cross the kernel boundary as much?

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

F2F doesn’t accelerate at all, so I assume the performance impact is similar in either UPPAK and KPPAK mode.

I thought the whole point of fastpath wasn’t a penalty but a benefit 😉 But I get the basic question…and I’ll see what I can find out.

Same with the medium path benefit…though I tend to agree with your assessment it’s likely a little better.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@shais can you comment on this?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events