cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Jumbo HFA Download Archive Now Available

Just stumbled over this new SK which allows easy downloading of old/archived Jumbo HFAs.  Very useful as an instructor when I have a certain vetted Jumbo HFA I want students to install, or for organizations that have a very lengthy and/or rigorous approval process for deploying Jumbo HFAs:

sk174185: Download Archive of General Availability Jumbo Hotfix Accumulators

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
(1)
9 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Very interesting information.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Of course, you can also retrieve both ongoing and GA takes using the relevant CPUSE identifier.
That said, having direct download links to the relevant GA takes is a good thing 🙂

0 Kudos
Daniel_
Advisor

Thanks for this sk.

Normal download page
https://downloads.checkpoint.com/
has been gone?

It was great to get older ongoing takes. E.g. R80.40 take 114. It's still working if you modify URL
https://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/search.htm?action=search&appID=4&isKeywordSearch=true&keywords=T...

Download page looks a little bit strange
2021-08-03 09_00_53-Check Point Software Technologies_ Download Center.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Ronen_Zel can you have someone look at this?

0 Kudos
Ronen_Zel
Mod
Mod

Hi Daniel and Daemon,

We are not using downloads.checkpoint.com for around 10 years or more... Yes, some of those old links might work and you can even play around with their URL and sometimes get decent results.

However this is not the official and supported method of retrieving files from Check Point. This should be done through a search in Support Center. If the file is binary it will be located under "Downloads" tab and if it is a document it will be located under "Documentation" tab.

If this would have been done with the file mentioned above, R80.40 JHF Take 114, you would reach its correct landing page, https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_d... , which looks perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Current (as in 2021) EA links have still pointed to downloads.checkpoint.com, just FYI.
That said, I agree it's more canonical to search via Support Center. 🙂

0 Kudos
Ronen_Zel
Mod
Mod

Thanks. I will take it with the EA team.

0 Kudos
Daniel_
Advisor

@Ronen_Zel wrote:

However this is not the official and supported method of retrieving files from Check Point. This should be done through a search in Support Center. If the file is binary it will be located under "Downloads" tab and if it is a document it will be located under "Documentation" tab.

How can I search for take 114 R80.40 in Support Center?
I tried "take 114", "take114" and "T114" but I couldn't see something under Downloads.

0 Kudos
Ronen_Zel
Mod
Mod

Hi Daniel,

In general Check Point encourages users to download the latest available JHF takes, General Availability or Ongoing ones. This means older JHF takes are not searchable in Support Center.

However, they can still be accessed through sk174185 - Download Archive of General Availability Jumbo Hotfix Accumulators

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events