Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tu2pel
Contributor

Increasing CPU on VM Security Gateway

We have a VM gateway that is still running R80.10 that I need to upgrade to R81.10. The VM has only 2 CPU core and 4GB memory and we are looking to upgrade the CPU and Memory. My query is, is there any SK or steps that needs to be done for the Checkpoint OS to recognise the additional VM resources ? (e.g. when additional disk is added, it has to be extended as a physical disk for the CHeckpoint OS to be able to use it, so something similar)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abihsot__
Advisor

As far as I know, for memory you just shut down, increase memory and start it again. Nothing else to do here.

As for CPU, make sure you have license to cover the increase. Also please check corexl distribution as it might not be updated automatically. Anyway, I am pretty sure there are loads of SK articles in knowledge base.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

License permitting sk149512 should give you an idea, mainly cpconfig > corexl. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Hello,

The question was for mgmt system on VMware. On VM you can just increase the memory and CPU like abihsot__ shared.

I would check out this SK, it does not really answer the question but more generic tips regarding performance:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The OP clearly says gateway?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

My mistake still have to wake-up 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events