Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

In VSX, how to create static route with ping of remote address options in smartconsole?

Hi All,

How to create a static route with ping options in VSX in smartconsole? As I know, the clish command "set static-route" is blocked in vs context.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I would use vsx_provisioning_tool to set the static route (a bit overkill but I know this works if I want to update a large amount of routes, but I believe you could set a static route in clish (not tested this).

clish>set virtual-system <x>

clish> set static-route <>

clish> save config

0 Kudos
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Genisis,

There is no options to enable the ping and monitored-IP features for the specific static route in vsx_provisioning_tool and clish. 
Command "set static-route <>" is not allowed in vsx mode. In normal gateway mode, we can set in gaia portal or clish.

Hope anyone can enlighten me in this issue.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For some things, you have to:

• set vsx off
  • make whatever configuration changes needed
  • set vsx on
0 Kudos
Wei_Soon_Heng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PhoneBoy,

Sorry for not state the question clearly.
My objective is want to create a static route in specific vs with monitored remote ip options.
If I set vsx off, then I cannot go to that specific vs via command set virtual-system <number of vs>

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Right, and from what I can see from various TAC cases, this is not currently possible in VSX.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Now that is something different, and an interesting question.  I get the feeling this may not be something supported in VSX, unless its an option within a virtual router setup (I don't have a virtual routers so can't verify).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events