Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArsathParves1
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to understand Maxing RAM capacity on Security Gateways?

Hi Checkmates,

I was wondering how we can expand the RAM to its maximum capacity on Quantum Security Gateways. For example, the 9400 Plus Quantum appliance comes with 32 GB of inbuilt RAM. If we procure an additional 32 GB RAM accessory (CPAC-RAM32GB-9100/9400), will we be able to install it on the security gateway? Do these appliances have additional RAM slots to allow us to max out the capacity?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

Refer to the amount of memory you have in the box at the moment (so 32 for the Plus model) and then you'd add another 32 kit kit to get to the Max supported configuration. 

Alternatively you can do this at purchase of the box and ask for it to be pre-installed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

When you purchase the appropriate RAM expansion for your gateway it will come with instructions on how to populate the RAM sticks into the device.

0 Kudos
ArsathParves1
Contributor

But after referring the datasheet for 6400 appliance under the Memory section I wasn't able to find the 64GB Memory Upgrade KIT but on the Max capacity table i can see that we can MAX out the RAM till 64GB so how do we understand this?

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Refer to the amount of memory you have in the box at the moment (so 32 for the Plus model) and then you'd add another 32 kit kit to get to the Max supported configuration. 

Alternatively you can do this at purchase of the box and ask for it to be pre-installed. 

0 Kudos
(1)
ArsathParves1
Contributor

Thanks for the guidance.  If you have any resources to understand more about Firewall sizing, please do share it. 

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

For sizing advice it's best to contact your local Check Point Sales team and talk to an SE. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events